Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week 9 thing 20 Teacher Tube

Did You Know - by Karl Fisch, I've seen this or a variation before. I would like to create something like this for the first day of school, provided that I still have the projector I had last year. This one is written with a teacher audience in mind, but some of what is said is really valuable information for my students. The idea that the top jobs in 10 years aren't even in existence right now is really important. Especially, since I want to be the teacher who teaches my students to learn more than teaches them to multiply polynomials. If I do my job right, my students will leave my class knowing more about how they learn and becoming better students.

I like that there are a lot of videos available to look through. I tried to find one about completing the square. It is a process used in algebra that my students generally struggle with. I wanted to find a spiffy video that would help me to present it to them. Unfortunatly, the only ones I saw were incredibly boring. I guess there is a need for me to create one myself!

I would like to spend a little more time figuring out how to do a good search within teacher tube, for more content that is specifically what I am looking for. I did find that clicking the most popular link gave me this video which I do love. There was another that was something a teacher made for the first day of school. I think I will combine the ideas and create something like this one to show my students on the first day while I hand out books.

Did You Know - by Karl Fisch

Shared via AddThis

2 comments:

  1. I posted the video to my blog using the tool that teacher tube had instead of embedding through blogger. It appears to have worked just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting video. I don't know if I feel challenged, scared to death, or tired! We are living in a truly amazing time--one statement that really sticks with me is that one edition of New York Times contains more information than a person might encounter in a lifetime in the 18th century. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete