Friday, August 7, 2009

Implementation plan

I have found a few things in this course that I plan to incorporate into my class next year. Although, I would love to include a lot more I want to be realistic in my goals. I want to change a little bit at a time so the change isn't so overwhelming. The one thing that I am sure I will use this coming year is a blog and the Zoho software. I want to create a blog with math competitions for the school. I believe I will even make it possible for some of my students to submit their assignments electronically for the first time.
I am hoping that I will make the time to include VoiceThread in at least one assignment for my students this year. However, I have a lot to learn still on how to make that an effective choice for my content area.
I already have used some videos and podcasts to help my students learning new concepts, but I haven't yet created a video or podcast for my students. I have already started working on video to show my students on the first day of class. As for a podcast, I have noticed that there is a great need for podcasts in my field. I do not feel that I have the technology at my disposal to create a podcast, but I could be surprised. I am going to get together with my technology coordinator and figure out how feasible this will be. So, pending the results of my discussion about the equipment I have available, I will make a podcast to add to the minimal math library we have so far.
I am currently following several RSS feeds, however this is not really related to my school life and more just me keeping up with current events. I did find a few that were related to my content area, but most are just for me.
Overall, I think the biggest change I will make this year is an attempt to help my students become better learners and step back from my guru on the hill of the past and move toward the guide I want to be. With the new text books we have this year that are full of online opportunities for my students to learn I am hoping to guide them to use those resources and really take responsibility for their learning. That by far will be my biggest challenge this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Misty

    Taking things slow will be good. I find it sometimes hard to decide which tool is best since there are so many choices and choosing the best tool for the job is the important thing. Let me know how it goes. If you have good student example that you are willing to share, let me know.

    have a great school year.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete