Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 8 Thing 18- Zoho doc

Creating a document without knowing what I am to write about is difficult. Therefore, I am writing this document and going to export it as my blog for this assignment. The first thing I noticed is that after writing a sentence I was asked to create a title for this document. I like that, this way I don't end up with 30 different untitled documents because I forgot to give it a name. It seems that it would be easy to share this document, but I didn't have anyone to share it with so I haven't tested that.

The next thing I want to try is different formatting.
I see that bold, italics and underline are easy to use. In fact the familiar shortcuts that I use with word are available for them as well, ctrl b, ctrl i, ctrl u. I see that the subscript and superscript are readily available. This is useful for writing math notations such as (x2-y2)2

Since I am a math person I like to check to see if writing out math equations is possible. as you can see, very simple. There is a built in equation editor that is really easy to follow. This would make it possible for my students to share problems without looking odd. a fraction like this typed without an equation editor would look like this [-9(x-3)^2]/5 and it is harder to see what is going on that way.

Changing colors is also pretty easy. sealed and I can even add a smiley face, or in this case a reminder to wash your hands because the first week back to school is horribly full of germs. I am interested in coming back to this when I actually have a document to create so that I have more to try to do.
Tables 
are
fun
1
2
3
3
6
9
-1
5
-8
This table is very easy to navigate, I'd say it is even easier than Word. Very nice. Now to try posting this to my blog!

3 comments:

  1. OK, I am hooked. Should I ever want to post an equation to my blog, I now know the best way to do that. If I were try try to make those same equations here in this format it would be difficult as I am unfamiliar with html code. However, the equation editor in the Zoho documents allows me to create the equation in a familiar format and post it here seamlessly. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that the smiley face didn't transfer correctly, but that's ok. I still love the tables and equations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help. I was able to transfer to my blog.

    ReplyDelete