Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 3 Thing 7

I love my iPhone. My family was talking about getting iPhones and sharing a plan. I wasn't sure I needed one. My cell phone was working fine for me, I don't text or anything so what do I need one for? At least this is how I thought until I got it. Now, I use the GPS feature to find my way around strange cities and states, I email photos taken with my phone back home when I am on vacation to keep my people in the loop, I can send and receive email from anywhere with cell phone reception to name a few things. The list goes on and on. I was recently in a class where were learning how to use some new technology, the latest calculators from Texas Instruments. There were a few times that we would want to do something but not know how, the instructor had only been using these calculators for a short while, it was very easy to use my phone to find solutions and how to guides.
The different applications allow me to do a lot of things I would not be doing otherwise. One of my apps allows me to keep track of my daily calorie intake to help keep me honest about what I am eating. I have word games that I can play when I am waiting in the airport or on a plane. I can find movies to watch and of course listen to music. Now that I have a "Smartphone" I can not see myself going back to a regular cell phone again. There are too many things this phone can do that I want to have available. I am sure that if there was some crazy disaster and all iPhone stopped working tomorrow I would survive, but I like it better with my phone. If even only for the calendar feature, since I never really kept an update calendar before.

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on the iPhone.....I just got one on Friday and oh boy, how have I survived until now? I am so excited about being able to consolidate my phone, my organizer and also have the access to the net and my email. Definitely never going back to the regular mobile either.

    I even found an ap that allows me to synch to my Evernote webpage and have access to my notes and notebooks where ever I am at a moments notice. I love the 21st century :-)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete