Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 5 Thing 12-Voice Thread

Although it was not specified to make a blog about this particular "thing", I am guessing that it is something we should plan to do for each of them. I enjoyed playing with Voice thread. It was fun to make a comment by phone. I could see this as a valuable tool for getting students to present work to the class in the form of problem solving. I like the ability to use multiple inputs to make comments and such. I also think that this would be a fun way to share things with family. I would love to have my parents talk about some of the old photographs of them so I can share that with my grandkids one day. Of course, this does imply that the threads would still be viewable then. I have a feeling they would be.

4 comments:

  1. I think VoiceThread is the best thing since sliced bread. One of the elementary librarians (Janell Larson at Nunaka Valley) has done some wonderful things with it. She is willing to do training and to share what she has done.

    Definitely has many classroom implementations.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Ann! Before I knew about Voicethread I was making podcasts which is way more time consuming. Then I became a TTL and we were introduced to Voicethread and I thought I landed at Heaven's gate! =]
    I've worked with 1st and 2nd graders on retellings of folktales and the 5th graders loved creating their autobiographies to commemorate their years at our school.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is exciting. A couple teachers at my school are using it--one our art teacher who had her students do a project where they talked about their project where they interviewed a North Pole personage and did a portrait of the person. It is fascinating and adds a whole other dimension to the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your idea about having your parents talk about some old photographs. What a gift to leave for you, your children and your grandchildren. My mother is deceased but I have a short cassette tape of her voice and when I replay it I feel she is right in the room with me. To create Voice Threads with the photos, your parents' voices and a short video of them talking while they record would be a treasure. As you mention, will the technology still be available?

    ReplyDelete